Summer Safety Tips for Dogs
Vets4Pets have put together some pawsome tips on how to help your dog’s happy and healthy this summer:
1. Keep parasite treatments and vaccinations up-to-date, which is especially important if you will be taking your dog to boarding kennels over the summer months.
2. Replenish your dog’s water bowl frequently throughout the day and you can even add some ice-cubes to keep it cool.
3. Walk your dog during the cooler morning and evening hours in the summer months
4. Beware of heatstroke and dehydration; signs include panting excessively, lethargy, drooling, vomiting and collapsing
5. Never leave your dog in confined hot spaces such as cars, caravans or conservatories. It only takes a matter of minutes for inside temperatures to soar to fatal levels, even with a window slightly open.